When it comes to website hosting, choosing a cheap and reliable company might not be as easy as you think. There are a large number of providers out there and each of them promise the exact same thing, unlimited resources, knowledgeable support and 99 % uptime. So how do you choose the one that's best for you? Here are a few tips to help you:
1. Pricing- This is probably the first thing that most people check. Just remember not to choose a company based on this tough. If you want a good website hosting provider you will need to find the right balance of features and price. Don't just go for the cheapest one. After all, you will get what you pay for.
2. Features- Not every website hosting service is the same. Some may be good at certain aspects of hosting while not being so good at other aspects. It is important to find a company that is good based on what you want for your website. Look into each company’s expertise and specialty before making a decision. You can even read through a few online reviews to help determine which company is best equipped to host your website.
3. Limits- Not every website hosting service will be able to provide you with everything you need. If you are creating an e-commerce website or a website filled with posts and blogs, you can be certain that a cheap host won't have the processing power or the RAM to host your site properly. Lookout for any additional charges for support & domains when choosing a provider.
4. Support- Not all hosting companies will provide the same level of support. Depending on whether you are most comfortable with telephone support, email support or live chats, ensure the company you are going to choose provides such support.
5. Hardware- Try and get as much information about the hardware a hosting company uses before signing up with them. If you can't find any information available on the internet, just ask them. It's best to know what you're getting into instead of finding out that they can't support your site properly once it's live.
6. Reviews- This is a very important part of any decision making process. Try and find out as much as possible about a hosting company before choosing them. You can log on to any of the countless online communities and forums and read about other people's experiences with various hosting companies. Try and find out various things like the amount of time it takes for them to resolve a ticket. This will help you know what you're in for and be better prepared for it.
7. Control Panel- There are certain standard features which should be made available to you by default. This includes the ability to set up email accounts of FTP accounts. Try and find out how user friendly a hosting service's control panel is before signing up with them.
8. Scalability- And the last thing you need to check when looking for a hosting service is whether they can cope with the future plans of your website. It takes quite a while to transfer your website between hosting services and it would be a lot better if you choose a host that offers you enough growth potential in the first place.